Wednesday, July 8, 2009

I can't believe I ate the whole thing!

I have somehow managed to power down all the food I'm supposed to eat today. This was breakfast:
On the left, we have 160g of Bob's Red Mill Mighty Tasty Hot Cereal (which I highly recommend, BTW) with some fresh raspberries (and, I must admit, a bit of maple syrup and a touch of half n half, because it was leftover from yesterday. From now on I will add milk instead - but I don't think I'll be able to leave out the maple syrup entirely).

On the right we have my 180g of veg scrambled with 1 egg and about 30-40g of cheese (mixed, Gruyere and Parm). Somehow I ate it all. I was full, but not overly full. I was able to do my exercises about 15-20 min after eating all this. I forgot about the milk until later, but I did get that down as well.
Exercises went well. The jump ropes are finally starting to get easier. I've found the secret is definitely to slow down. I still trip quite a bit, but at least I don't get whipped in the wrist 'cause the rope's going so fast, and although I still haven't done a clean set of 100, I got up to 85, so that's something! I did the jumps and the incline pull ups at the gym (using the moveable pull-up bar they have there) then went home to do the rest. I was a little weak on push ups today (2 sets of 11, then one of 6, then one of 5). Davincis were tiring but totally doable. Bicep curls seemed really easy. My resistance band actually came with 3 bands so you can add a band to increase resistance, so I think I will add one band for the arm curls next time. All the other went fine - except I haven't done the squats yet. Saving those for later.
In my bike ride to and from work today, I actually felt stronger despite all the exercise I'd done previously. My legs were sore, but they were willing to keep working. I think all that jumprope is definitely having a positive effect.
After I came home, I got out my lunch that I had put together last night (it was about 1:30), and thought "wow". 2 pieces of chicken, 4 falafel patties plus a piece of pita bread, and a ton of raw stringbeans...literally twice what I would normally eat! However, once again, I was able to put it all away. I was full for quite awhile, ate my fruit snack at about 4, and now it's 6 and I'm still totally full.
I just finished making a pot roast for dinner (probably not strictly PCP approved - for one, it's beef, for two, there is wine in the recipe, plus a little olive oil, plus some salt...but it was in the fridge and needed to get cooked, so there you have it. Plus I was able to throw in a ton of veggies (potatoes, carrots, parsnips, fennel) that we had laying around and make use of those), plus there is leftover salad from the other night that has with it this amazing dressing that's made mostly of tofu. A little olive oil, but much less than in a standard dressing. Tastes a lot like "goddess dressing" if you've ever had that. I'll post the recipe sooner or later.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah man use a band strength that delivers a decent burn on the curls. You'll be amazed how used you get to the food quantities.

    ReplyDelete