Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dos

I woke up feeling pretty sore in the legs from my bike ride yesterday and thought "oh boy, jumping rope is gonna suck today". Turned out to be not so bad. I decided to go to the gym for my exercises today, which was a good decision and one that I will probably continue provided I have the time (although happily my gym is less than a 5-minute bike ride from my house). Jumping rope in the yoga room on the rubber floor was great - I think I got a clean set of 60 in with no trips. Small piece of advice for fellow rope jumpers - don't wear shorts that are even the slightest bit loose. They will fall down.
Completed the other exercises with no issue (felt slightly stronger on the last push up of the last set, but still a struggle) - and I actually did 4 sets of lunges, because I thought it odd to do 2 sets on one leg and only 1 on the other.

Breakfast was eggs scrambled with chicken breast and pesto. For the 3 of us I used 5 eggs and took out 2 yolks. I ate my portion and felt full enough, but then got hungry again 2 hours later. Ate some marinated chicken breast and steamed broccoli from last night's dinner, then proceeded to imitate a pack mule on my bike ride to work. Behold the contents of my messenger bag:
1 laptop + power supply
1 random orbital sander
1 vintage fan w/cast iron base
1 Canon Digital Rebel camera
Lunch (bowl of potato/mushroom soup plus some raw string beans)
Change of clothes
Pair of flip flops (I rock it casual style at my shop - especially when it's hot. No AC!)
And probably some other random nonsense.
Total weight, 28 lbs. May as well have been hauling my son around on my back (although at least the bag didn't wriggle and squirm the whole way).

2 comments:

  1. For lunges do left leg right leg "1" left leg right leg "2" etc... If you want a more intense burn, do left only for all the reps, then right only all the reps, and that's one set.

    Both ways get you to the same place. I recommend the former.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep it up Jeremy! I find that when I am tired, I suck at jumping rope! Am wondering how much sleep to get on this plan?

    Also, I appreciate you sharing your recipes. I have a feeling I will need ideas once the real food plan kicks into gear.

    ReplyDelete