Wednesday, July 8, 2009

...food coma...

I didn't eat dinner until about 8:30pm. Even then I wasn't really hungry, but I still somehow managed to eat it all...but now I'm in a post-Thanksgiving food coma. I somehow don't think the "evening snack" is going to happen, and I think those squats that I was "saving for later" are out the window too. Good thing I rode my bike a few extra miles today, yeah? I'm still really confused as to how eating past the point of fullness (which I've always been told is a big no-no - it even says so on the front page of the PCP!) is going to get us into peak condition. I guess I will just have to wait for Patrick to explain the mystery. I'm sure there's a method to the madness - I just haven't the foggiest notion of what it is at this point.

4 comments:

  1. my thoughts exactly: totally was in a food coma today usually reserved for the likes of Thanksgiving. But it's only the beginning. i keep imaging a locomotive where you need to shovel in the fuel for it to run right. That's us. I hope ;) Keep the faith!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust me, a week from now you'll feel a palpable difference in your metabolism. A couple weeks from now, you'll be looking forward to your meals. At this point in my PCP, I can barely go 2 hours before I'm practically starving again. You'll be burning all that fuel in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty soon it will be 3 pm and after eating all of that you will be hungry again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's true I do advise regular people to eat less. But you're not regular anymore.

    First of all, you'll quickly learn the difference between being stuff with vegetables and stuffed with, say, pizza. I'll let you experience this for yourself.

    Second, you are on a 7 day a week training regimen. If you don't eat a lot you're going to wear yourself out.

    Keep eating, trust us a little while longer until you can see the effect for yourself.

    ReplyDelete