Friday, July 10, 2009

...and on the tenth day they ate Baked Pesto Parmesan Chicken.


I pulled this dish out of my brain tonight, and it was quite delish, and dead simple to make.
Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts
1/4 cup pesto
2 cloves of garlic, chopped fine
4 or 5 good olives chopped fine
a good handful of grated parmesan cheese
1 heirloom tomato, sliced (optional)

Preheat oven to 350. Remove skin from breasts if not already removed. Sear both breasts in a hot pan until nice and brown. Mix up your pesto, garlic & olives, and spread it all over the chicken breasts. Sprinkle the parm all over the chicken breasts. Stick in the oven for about an hour. In the last couple of minutes of cooking, put the chicken under the broiler. This will turn the parm into a nice golden crust...et voila!
I ate my requisite 140g of chicken with a nice fresh sliced heirloom tomato...which was great if you're into that sort of thing.

In other news...I really need to start getting up earlier. If I don't, my workout usually ends up getting pushed to the end of the day, and as previously discussed, I really don't like working out at night. Today I was able to get a daytime workout in because our little friend was in preschool all morning. However, because I didn't get up early, my workout ended up cutting into my work day, and I ended up not getting a whole hell of a lot accomplished today. So, tomorrow it's the alarm clock for me.

Take 2 chicken breasts (I bought plain split breasts instead of boneless/skinless, they were half the price), remove skin. Sear breasts in a hot pan on all sides (obviously not the bony side if you're not using boneless). Take about 1/4 cup of pesto, mix in 2

No comments:

Post a Comment