Monday, August 17, 2009

Back in action

Today was pretty good. I woke up in a foul mood, feeling tired, defeated and totally overwhelmed. I waited too long and didn't get to the park until about 10 to do my jumps. As I rode my bike to the park I thought to myself "jumps are gonna suck today 'cause I'm in a bad mood. Just make the best of it". And while they could have been a lot better, my jumps weren't too terrible today. Most importantly, I got through actually feeling BETTER than when I started, a distinct change from the last few days when they've just made me mad. Went to the store and had another crazy nonstop day, but good. Hit the gym on the way home and rocked about a workout and a half (to make up for the days I missed in Seattle). Decided that if I'm going to exercise in the evening, I MUST go before I get home. If I get home and sit in my chair and take my shoes off and start interacting with my family, it's all over. Going on the way home worked well, though. I STILL have not found something the proper height to hold onto while doing pistol squats. Very frustrating. I did, however, find a little corner of the gym that had something the perfect height for me to hold onto while doing lunges, which made them about 100x more tolerable. Wish I'd figured that out a month ago! Did the kung-fu situps, and felt more like Tarzan swingin' thru the trees than anything else. At the gym they have these elbow harness things hanging off the pull up bar that you can use in lieu of hanging on to the bar. I dunno if this is cheating, but if nothing else, I think it's much easier on the hands.
More tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment